Thursday, February 28, 2013

Bumpdate: 10 weeks & first ultrasound!

Yesterday was our first appointment! I thought it would have been more than an ultrasound, but it was just that plus we got to talk with our doctor for awhile and go over our packet of information. When we got the appointment I was very nervous! The first thing the nurse did was take my BP and it was a little high at 150/80! I should have asked to have it re-done once I was done with the u/s and calm, but I didn't think of it at the time. Hopefully at our next appointment I won't have any reason to be worried and my BP should be normal!

They did a transvaginal ultrasound and then after 3 seconds there was baby right up on the screen! It was so amazing! The u/s went pretty fast which I was a little upset about, but we got to see everything that we wanted to. First they let us hear the heartbeat. 171 bpm. It was an amazing sound! Then they took baby's measurements and it was right on track and exactly 10 weeks with the same due date of 9/25/13 :) Then at the end baby was wiggling around; already showing us its dance moves! Best moment of my life so far! Here's one of the pictures we got to take home:



Isn't baby cute already? On the left is its head and tiny arms make baby look like a little gummy bear! Marcus said "he" already looks like a boy! He's wishful thinking :) My next appointment is scheduled for next Friday on March 8th. This will be all of my blood work and financial meeting.


  • How many weeks are you? 10 weeks / 1 day
  • What fruit size is your baby? Baby is the size of a prune!
  • Cravings/Aversions? No real cravings or aversions this week. I have been feeling pretty good so food isn't a big issue right now. I am trying to eat as healthy as I can since my doctor is a little concerned about my weight.
  •  Any big milestones or updates? At 10 weeks baby is no longer considered an embryo; it is now a fetus! Bones and cartilage are forming all over the body, including the limbs. However, at this stage they are still quite soft and fragile. The liver and kidneys are formed and starting to function. Fetal waste product, including toxins and carbon dioxide, continue to be removed via the umbilical cord and routed into my blood stream. 
  •  Symptoms? At 9w3d and the day after I was feeling really crappy in the evenings, but since then I have felt pretty normal. After talking to my doctor about my sleeping problems that I mentioned last week, she agreed that it has to do my uterus growing and pushing against the nerves. She advised me to sleep on my back less and more on my left side. I haven't had any problems with this this week. I am still tired, but even that seems to be improving slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment