Friday, February 22, 2013

Bumpdate: 9 weeks

I feel so good about making it to 9 weeks! 1st tri has definitely gone faster then I had thought! I have been feeling much better lately; since I hit 8 weeks my nausea has been decreasing by the day! At this moment 7 weeks was my worst week so far!


  • How many weeks are you? 9 weeks / 2 days
  • What fruit size is your baby? Baby is the size of an olive!
  • Cravings/Aversions? Fruit always sounds good! I love my OJ in the mornings along with some Saltine crackers, it has become my morning ritual. I don't have any specific aversions right now, but most fried/greasy foods do not sound good. 
  •  Any big milestones or updates? At 9 weeks baby's head is about the same size as it's body. Baby is starting to move its limbs quite a bit, but I won't feel these movements for some time. Teeth are beginning to form, but don't break through the gums until after birth. The tongue, lips and nose are continuing to develop. The eyes are now more distinct. 
  •  Symptoms? Like I said before, I am feeling MUCH better then week 7. I feel like I can manage my symptoms much better now. Nausea comes only in the morning and goes away after I eat a few crackers. The exhaustion is getting worse so I make sure to at least take a nap everyday or go to bed early (we're talking 8pm!) I have been having some pain when I sleep on my right side. I would wake up with a stabbing pain in my right thigh (just above the knee) and then the pain/numbness would go away after I walked around. Now I am using my pregnancy pillow to force myself to sleep on my back or left side only, it seems to be helping so far. I am guessing this has to do with my uterus growing and it is hitting a nerve which is causing me pain, but I will bring it up with my doctor.


Only 5 more days until our first appointment! I can't believe it's getting so close! 

No comments:

Post a Comment