Tuesday, May 17, 2016

40 Week Bumpdate!

Well, I knew I would make it to 40 weeks and beyond! I am hoping and praying that this little girl decides to make her appearance on her own this week.

At my 39 week check-up, again, everything went really well. My BP, weight, & baby's heartbeat all looked great. I was checked again and was 1cm dilated and still 50% effaced. I was very happy for any progress!

Yesterday I had my 40 week check-up and still all the normal things were good, so thankful for that! We went over induction and we have a tentative date of Sunday, May 22. I am SO hoping she decides to come before then, but I am happy to have an end date in sight. I was checked and I have made very little progress. She said I was 1cm + a little wiggle and still 50% effaced. She was able to sweep my membranes (which was very uncomfortable) so I was happy about that. We then went in for an ultrasound and Emma is measuring great at 7lbs 5oz. She is in a great position and her fluid level was great too. Overall, I was very happy about my appointment.

So from here on out it's just a waiting game. I will be called in for an NST sometime this week (standard for those who go over their due date). I don't think the membrane sweep was successful, but that is okay, I wanted to give it a try no matter what.

  • How many weeks are you? 40 weeks / 1 day
  • How are you feeling? I have been experiencing more cramping this week. Feels like I am about to start my period. I have the same amount of BH's and pressure on my cervix. I am peeing constantly and it still pretty uncomfortable sleeping. I have also noticed that I am much more tired this week.
  • What are you looking forward to? I am looking forward to going into labor and having this baby! I pray that either my water will break first or labor contractions start so that I know it's go time!

No comments:

Post a Comment