Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bumpdate: 13 weeks. Hello 2nd Tri!

I am in my 2nd trimester! I am 1/3 of the way done! I can't believe I've made it this far! We had our 3rd OB appointment yesterday. I thought it was going to be a boring appointment until my doctor took out the doppler! I kept thanking her since I didn't think we'd be doing that yesterday! Did I ever mention how much I love my OB? She put the doppler about an inch above my pubic bone dead center of my belly and the baby's heartbeat popped up right away! I couldn't believe how fast it took, I think even my doctor was surprised. The first thing I said was, "Good job, Dr. Chan!" She says, "No, good job baby!" I will never get sick of hearing my baby's heartbeat! Such a wonderful sound!

She also said my blood work from a couple weeks ago came back all normal and I have an O+ blood type. Also, my blood pressure yesterday was at 132/80 which we were all happy about! I asked her later what would be the "perfect" bp she would like to see from me and she said anywhere from 120-130/80 bp so she was very happy with my results yesterday! She was also happy that I have not gained any weight so far (I am actually down 2 lbs from the very first weight-in). I asked her when would be the appropriate time for me to start noticing weight gain and she said anytime after 20 weeks. So I need to keep it up and make sure I am not gaining any weight for another 7 weeks!

  • How many weeks are you? 13 weeks! 
  • What fruit size is your baby? Baby is the size of a peach! 
  • Cravings/Aversions? No cravings this week! If anything it would be salads and water. The only aversion I am having to towards wings. They sound and smell so gross all the time!
  • Any big milestones or updates? At 13 weeks baby is now 3 inches long. Tiny vocal cords are developing, However, sounds will not be produced for about 7 more months. The pancreas begins to produce insulin, and the intestines move from inside the umbilical cord to their permanent home in the abdomen.
  • Symptoms? Still feeling really good! This weeks brings a new symptom however. If I sit in the car or at my desk for too long my Sciatic nerve acts up and I get a pinching feeling in my butt. It's quite uncomfortable! The doctor reassured me that this is completely normal and the only way to help the discomfort is to make sure I am getting up and walking around/stretching as often as possible. Other than that I am feeling not as tired (although I don't feel like I have 100% of my energy back) and my nausea is still completely gone! 

My next appointment is in 4 weeks on April 16th when I am 17 weeks pregnant! This will be a basic check-up where they will take my weight, bp, urine, and listen to baby on the doppler! This is the longest stretch of time I have had in between appointments so hopefully it won't drag on!

No comments:

Post a Comment