Thursday, March 28, 2013

Bumpdate: 14 weeks

This week has been pretty boring (except for yesterday) and I haven't really had any symptoms or problems. I have been cruising through this pregnancy so far *knock on wood* The only exception was yesterday; I threw up for the first time this pregnancy! It wasn't fun and it came out of nowhere! I am not sure what came over me, but today I am feeling better and I hope that yesterday was just a fluke. We'll see!

  • How many weeks are you? 14 weeks / 1 day 
  • What fruit size is your baby? Baby is the size of a lemon!
  • Cravings/Aversions? Again, I have been craving water, especially at night right before bed. No aversions this week.
  • Any big milestones or updates? At 14 weeks hair is starting to sprout on the baby's head, which is about the size of a gumball. The head is now in better proportion to the body size. Simple facial gestures may now be visible on an ultrasound, including grimacing and squinting.
  • Symptoms? Except for yesterday I am still feeling very good! My sciatica pain seems to be lessening (although it might be because I am driving less) and my energy is finally coming back! 

I think I might have felt baby flutters for the first time last night! I had just ate dinner and was laying on the couch and I felt something right in the middle of my belly just above my pubic bone (right where baby is!). I know it wasn't gas since I was having some gas along with the flutters and I was able to distinguish both the feelings. It's hard to explain, but it felt like little taps from the inside. Very cool! 

Also, we have scheduled our appointment to find out the sex of this baby! It will be on April 16th (I will be 17 weeks pregnant). This is the same day as my regular OB check-up so we are paying extra to find out early what we are having! I am so so so excited, I can't even wait! Less than 3 weeks until we find out! 

When I was 13w2d I woke up with this huge belly! I don't know where it came from, but it was fun to actually look pregnant. Even though it has lessened since then I still have a noticeable bump! Even Marcus has pointed out that he can see my belly growing! So much changed from last week! I also feel like I am carrying low!


No comments:

Post a Comment