Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Bumpdate: 35 weeks

35 weeks pregnant -- 35 days to go! I can't believe it! This week wasn't too exciting. We had a free weekend so we decided to go visit my in-laws and new nephew! It was nice to see everyone.

I had my 35 week appointment today and it didn't go as I expected. My blood pressure was okay at 136/80, I have gained 3 pounds which puts me at a total of 13 pounds for the pregnancy, and my urine sample came back normal. We did the GBS test which was a breeze and I had a cervical check for the first time today. No dilation. I didn't think there would be anything substantial since I am still pretty early for cervical checks. But she is still head down which is great!

Then she checked baby's heart beat with the Doppler. It was very high...around the 190's. She kept the Doppler on her for a couple minutes, but it didn't go down. She immediately wanted me to go to the hospital for a NST (non stress test). When I got there I was taken back and hooked up to the monitors. A monitor to catch baby's heart beat and another to monitor any contractions. Baby was super active which the doctor's were very happy about. Her heart rate would go up when she was moving and then back down which is what they wanted to see. I was having quite a few contractions, but they were not concerned. After and hour of monitoring they discharged me. They said that everything looked great and I shouldn't be worried at all. They attributed the little scare to a very active baby and the fact that I hadn't eaten anything all morning. I was planning on eating right after my appointment (which I always do), but being sent to the hospital didn't allow me to eat and by that time it was lunch time.

I am so relieved that Maggie is okay. I am happy that my doctor took the necessary precautions by sending me to the hospital, but I don't want to go back there again until I am in labor!

  • How many weeks are you? 35 weeks
  • What fruit size is your baby? Baby is the size of a honeydew!
  • Cravings/Aversions? Gummy bears... so odd!
  • Any big milestones or updates? At 35 weeks she is mostly developed now with the majority of her effort geared towards rapid weight gain. Her skin is now less wrinkled as she gains even more body fat. Studies show that if she were to be born at this stage she would probably do very well, with little to no long-term health issues.
  • Symptoms? Same amount of Braxton Hick's as last week.
 
I have scheduled all of my weekly appointments up until 40 weeks! Next Tuesday is my next one and I will be checked again for dilation/effacement at every appointment from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment