Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Bumpdate: 33 weeks

We had our 3rd Lamaze class over the weekend and again, it went really well! I wish we had a class each week up until my due date and not only 1 more left! This week we learned about the many medical interventions...the pros/cons, advantages/risks to each. Then we did a bunch of pushing exercises which was interesting! 

The nursery is pretty much done! I can't believe it all came together so wonderfully! We still have a shower in a few weeks so I will be putting the finishing touches on the room once that's over. I will post pictures on here once it's done!

  • How many weeks are you? 33 weeks
  • What fruit size is your baby? Baby is the size of a honeydew!
  • Cravings/Aversions? Nothing much.
  • Any big milestones or updates? At 33 weeks she weighs about 4 pounds and will continue to gain about 1/2 pound each week until birth! In addition to nutrients, the umbilical cord is supplying her with immune proteins called antibodies that will help her fight infections after birth.
  • Symptoms? More Braxton Hicks's. Feeling more and more pressure "down there." Not much else went on this week, symptom-wise.

I had my 33 week appointment on Thursday the 8th and everything went really well! Baby's heartbeat was a strong 155bpm. Blood Pressure was good at 132/80. No weight gain which is really exciting! My fundal height was only measuring 2 weeks ahead (35cm)...my doctor said that the belly measurement is evening out now. I go in for my LAST bi-weekly appointment on Wednesday the 21st where they will do my GBS test and also check my cervix for the first time. Then we are on to weekly appointments! Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment