Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Bumpdate: 32 weeks

We had a pretty busy week! Thursday was the grandparent class that I attended with my mom. It was good for me to go since Marcus and I aren't taking a "newborn care" class and this was very similar to that. Mom liked the class a lot too. 

Our nephew was born Saturday, July 27th! My sister-in-law, Jordan, gave birth via c-section to an 8lb handsome little boy. Marcus and I took the trip up there Saturday afternoon to visit all of them. It was awesome to meet our nephew for the first time! We are planning on taking the weekend of August 17th to go up there and visit them again.

Sunday was our 2nd Lamaze class and hospital tour. I really hope the relaxation techniques we are learning will be put to good use. I really enjoyed the different breathing & labor positions that we learned. Our hospital tour went really well! Makes me even more excited to have this little girl!

  • How many weeks are you? 32 weeks
  • What fruit size is your baby? Baby is the size of a squash!
  • Cravings/Aversions? My appetite has increased this week. Not cravings or aversions, but I always feel hungry!
  • Any big milestones or updates? At 32 weeks her skeletal muscles are growing stronger and her bones are hardening even more. She's looking like a newborn every day. As her circulation continues to improve and she gains more fat, she can regulate body temperature better and may start to shed the fine layer of hair called lanugo. More hair is starting to grow on the top of her head and, due to increased pigmentation resulting from more melanin production, it now has some color.
  • Symptoms? More Braxton Hicks's. Lot of uncomfortable heartburn at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment