Thursday, July 25, 2013

Bumpdate: 31 weeks

Very busy week! We had an info meeting with the pediatrician we are going to use and it went really well! We really like the practice and they had great hours. I'm excited to get that off my to-do list. This weekend Marcus's family came down and we got to swim some which was nice.

We had our first Lamaze/labor/birth class on Sunday; the first of 4. We really liked it! I really really like our instructor and the way she teaches. This week focused on the process of labor and delivery, signs or labor, and breathing techniques through each contraction. Next week we have a hospital tour included!

Tuesday was our check-up and growth scan. Because my fundal height was measuring 3 weeks ahead at our last appointment my doctor wanted me to go in for an ultrasound this week. Well, everything looks perfect! Baby measured in the 45th percentile and currently weighs 3lb 12oz! They estimate that she'll weigh just under 7.5 lbs at birth! She's even head down! The fluid level also looks great and the tech thinks she will stay head down the rest of the time. I hope so! Her heartbeat was 146bpm.

My blood pressure was a little better than last week and my doctor was very happy with the readings from my at-home monitor this past week. I gained 2lbs since my last appointment 2 weeks ago so my total is at 10lbs now. She measured my belly and I am now measuring at 37cm!!!! That's 6 weeks ahead! However, she wasn't concerned at all since baby is at such an average weight.

  • How many weeks are you? 31 weeks / 1 day
  • What fruit size is your baby? Baby is the size of a squash!
  • Cravings/Aversions? Nothing much this week!
  • Any big milestones or updates? At 31 weeks she is starting to move around more, flip upside down, rotate, and even turn her head from side-to-side. Her brain is now fully developed, with speech and language centers in the process of development. Complex neurological connections and learning will continue throughout the pregnancy and long after birth.
  • Symptoms? I had a few Braxton Hick's contractions the other day, about 4 back-to-back that were really intense. Hoping that doesn't happen again for awhile! 

My next appointment is scheduled for Thursday, August 8th at 8:10am!

No comments:

Post a Comment