Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Bumpdate: 29 weeks

I had a pretty good 29 week appointment yesterday. Baby's heartbeat sounded great at 153bpm!

First and foremost, I officially don't have GD! I passed! I just got the call this morning that I passed with a 93! Even better number than last time. My hemoglobin level is still below where they like to see it. I got a 11.8 and they want to see it at 12...no biggie!

At my appointment my blood pressure was a little high (140/80). They were concerned enough to write me a script for an at-home blood pressure monitor. I have to call in weekly to the nurse so they can record my readings. When I test at home my BP is always normal. Today it was 117/70. I must just get nervous at doctor's appointments.

I only gained 1 pound since my last check-up 4 weeks ago! I am so proud of myself and so is my doctor! I am up a total of 8 pounds for this pregnancy so far. The doctor wants me to be fully prepared for the natural birth that I want so she wants me to up my walking to every single day. I need that stamina when it comes time to push out this baby!

Lastly, they measured my fundal height and it was 32cm. That is 3 weeks ahead of where I should be for 29 weeks. My doctor wants me to come in for an ultrasound at my next appointment in 2 weeks. Hopefully baby is measuring okay!

  • How many weeks are you? 29 weeks
  • What fruit size is your baby? Baby is the size of an acorn squash.
  • Cravings/Aversions? Nothing much this week. I have been drinking water like a fish!
  • Any big milestones or updates? At 29 weeks her ovaries are well-developed. They now produce hormones and already contain millions of eggs! Her bones are beginning to harden and store iron, phosphorus, and calcium. The bones remain soft enough at birth to accommodate the tight birth canal.
  • Symptoms? Still feeling a few Braxton Hick's everyday, but nothing to be concerned about. Sleep is still uncomfortable...this is surely the norm from here on out!

My next appointment is July 23rd at 2:20. We'll have an ultrasound and another check-up! My appointments are now every 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment