Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Bumpdate: 38 weeks

We had a pretty laid back week. After my appointment last Wednesday up until Sunday I wasn't feeling any Braxton Hick's at all. Monday hit and I was feeling a ton of pain in my upper right abdomen...called my doctor and she said it was normal and probably just the uterus expanding and brushing my ribs. I've been still feeling cramping and some contractions this week, but nothing substantial.

I had my 38 week check-up today. I've lost a pound since last week putting me at 14 lbs total. Blood pressure was good at 132/80. Fundal height was 38cm which is perfect. Baby's heart beat was in the 160's which my doctor was fine with. Had another cervical check and, of course, no progress has been made since last week. Bummer! I agreed to a membrane sweep, but obviously they couldn't do it since I'm not dilated yet. We will try again next week. Once I got home I noticed a ton of dark brown discharge which I am assuming was just because of the cervical check.

  • How many weeks are you? 38 weeks
  • What fruit size is your baby? Baby is the size of a watermelon!
  • Cravings/Aversions? Nothing much
  • Any big milestones or updates? At 38 weeks baby is still getting heavier each day. By now she weighs close to 7 pounds. Her digestive system has not fully developed, in part because it had not yet begun processing food. Her first taste of breast milk after birth will help her digestion develop further.  She has spent some time swallowing proteins in the amniotic fluid which will help form her first bowel movements. 
  • Symptoms? A lot less contractions, but the same amount of cramping. I also experienced some dizziness which I hope doesn't come back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment