Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Bumpdate: 39 weeks

Very uncomfortable this week! Every movement comes with aches, pains, and cramps....especially while sleeping! I am so ready to meet her! I have started feeling "real" contractions and not just Braxton Hicks. I got a few in a row a couple days last week, but they never stuck.

I had my weekly appointment today. I've gained 2lbs and I am now at +16lbs for this pregnancy. My blood pressure looked good at 132/80. Fundal height is 40cm and her heart beat was 155bpm. I was checked again and...surprise surprise...no change AT ALL! Still not dilated and only 50% effaced. I was pretty bummed to hear this since I have felt so different this week.

  • How many weeks are you? 39 weeks
  • What fruit size is your baby? Baby is the size of a watermelon!
  • Cravings/Aversions? Nothing much
  • Any big milestones or updates? At 39 weeks her organs are well-developed and ready for function outside the womb. She continues to practice breathing and her lungs continue to produce surfactant.
  • Symptoms? Started to feel "real" contractions this week. More pressure and cramps. Very uncomfortable doing almost everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment