Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Bumpdate: 37 weeks

FULL-TERM, baby! Very happy we have made it this far and that we are both healthy! This means we have 3 weeks until my due date! I really think she will not be making her appearance anytime soon.

This weekend was my last baby shower on Sunday. We had a great time, had nice weather, and got everything we needed for her. We got a bunch of big ticket items (swing, monitor, and high chair) along with many other things including tons of clothes! I went to Babies R Us the next day to return some things and buy the remaining items that we will need. I think we are all set for her arrival!


Sunday night was rough for me. After a long day I was having horrible lower back pain. It was constant and the only thing that I could do was rock on my yoga ball. Finally after 4 hours of this I was able to fall asleep and when I woke up the next morning I felt better. I was getting worried that it was the start of labor, but I am glad that it stopped!

Today I had my 37 week check-up. It was a pretty boring appointment. Blood pressure was good (I forgot to ask what it was), I gained 2 lbs this week, and my urine sample came back fine. Fundal height is measuring 38cm and her heart beat was in the 150's today. She checked me again and I have made little to no progress since last week. Still not dilated and 50% effaced. But the baby's head is still down which is good news. We'll see if there's any change next week!

  • How many weeks are you? 37 weeks
  • What fruit size is your baby? Baby is the size of a watermelon!
  • Cravings/Aversions? Nothing much this week!
  • Any big milestones or updates? At 37 weeks she continues to practice breathing, moving around, sucking her thumb, and blinking. Her vagina, clitoris, and labia majora are now well-developed.
  • Symptoms? Back pain, cramps, and the same amount of Braxton Hicks. Still have good energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment