Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Bumpdate: 16 weeks

Only 1 month to go before I am half way done with the pregnancy! Time is flying by! We are finally getting nice spring weather here in Ohio and I am loving my evening walks with Brutus! I can't believe in less than a week we will know the sex of this baby. Crazy!

Week 16 has brought on a few new pregnancy symptoms. Although I did not throw up at all in my 15th week, I have been getting heartburn. I have only had it 2 times and both were in the middle of the night. I hate heartburn and the way it makes me feel. I am going to need to keep a bottle of Tums on my nightstand.

Also, another strange thing happened to me on 15w5d. I was taking a long walk with my dog and at the end of the walk my stomach started feeling uncomfortable. Then everything tightened up: my belly and uterus. This happened twice and both lasted about 20 seconds. Once I got home I laid down and got a glass of water. I was looking this up on Google and everything was saying that I was experiencing Braxton Hick's contractions. Apparently, a woman can start feeling these sporadically at this point in pregnancy. Who knew!

  • How many weeks are you? 16 weeks 
  • What fruit size is your baby? Baby is the size of an avocado! (Yuck!)
  • Cravings/Aversions? This week all I want is a Jimmy John's sub which I know I can't have! So instead I get a hot sub from Subway, but it's just not the same! No aversions this week. 
  • Any big milestones or updates? At 16 weeks baby is about 4 inches in length and weighing 4 ounces. Baby's chest expands and contracts, drawing amniotic fluid into the lungs to prepare the lungs for breathing.
  • Symptoms? I did not throw up at all in week 15, but there were moments when I thought I might. I am feeling pretty good this week. I have been sleeping well (even with the heartburn and boob aches).

No comments:

Post a Comment