Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Bumpdate: 19 weeks

Lots to talk about this week! We told our families that we are expecting a little girl! We were originally going to keep it a secret until birth, but this was just too big of a secret to keep! I told Marcus that we had to spill the beans at some point so we did this past weekend! Everyone is so excited!

My mom and I went to a consignment sale last Thursday and bought a TON of clothes! It was a huge event and we ended up leaving with shoes, blankets, clothes, and a bouncer. My mom was the first person that we told and it was nice to be able to go shopping with her.



Our crib skirt and guard rail came in on Monday! When I had ordered it they said it would take up to 6 weeks, but we got it in the mail in 2! So awesome! I had to set it up right away!


And for the most exciting news....I felt baby kick for the first time yesterday! At 18w6d I was laying on the chair and I started to feel the fluttering feeling again and then all of the sudden a KICK! It was amazing! I had felt her roll a couple days prior and now I am feeling her kick for the first time finally! I don't expect to feel this kind of movement everyday yet, but I am happy to say that I have finally felt her!

  • How many weeks are you? 19 weeks
  • What fruit size is your baby? Baby is the size of a mango!
  • Cravings/Aversions? Still ice cream! No aversions this week.
  • Any big milestones or updates? At 19 weeks unique fingerprints have now formed on the tips of her fingers and tiny blood vessels are visible under the skin. She is able to make more intricate facial gestures, such as frowning or smiling!
  • Symptoms? Heartburn has been picking up a little this week, but still mostly in the evenings. She must have a head of hair on here already!  

No comments:

Post a Comment