Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Bumpdate: 23 weeks

I had a great week! This week we had Memorial Day weekend and my birthday was yesterday! It was really nice to have a 3-day weekend, but it was jammed packed with get-together's.

The morning of my birthday (22w6d), the baby started kicking and punching while I was still sleeping. Surely she wanted to get my attention to tell me, "Happy Birthday!" I rolled over and put Marcus's hand on my stomach and he felt her kick for the very first time! I was so happy I almost cried! Then she kicked for him 3-4 more times and then stopped. Best birthday present I could ever ask for <3

  • How many weeks are you? 23 weeks
  • What fruit size is your baby? Baby is the size of a papaya!
  • Cravings/Aversions? Over the last week I have been craving steak. I have no idea why. I don't usually like it when I am not pregnant, so this is a weird craving for me. No aversions.
  • Any big milestones or updates? At 23 weeks she weighs a full pound! Taste buds have formed, but she won't taste anything for several more months. Most of her internal organs are now in place and begin to function well. 
  • Symptoms? Nothing too bad this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment