Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Bumpdate: 24 weeks. V-Day!

This baby girl has made it to viability! This means that the odds of survival, if I went into labor now, are significantly higher than before 24 weeks. As I get farther along in this pregnancy the odds keep increasing!

  • How many weeks are you? 24 weeks
  • What fruit size is your baby? Baby is the size of a papaya!
  • Cravings/Aversions? All summer foods! No aversions this week. 
  • Any big milestones or updates? At 24 weeks sections of the lungs are expanding and she is starting to produce lung surfactant which helps to keep the lungs from collapsing after birth.  Although very little hair color can be seen at this stage she has some hair growth on the top of her head.
  • Symptoms? Feeling really great this week! I have been finally seeing her kick from the outside! Over the past week she has been very active and I love watching my belly! 

I have made it to 6 months pregnant! Which is so crazy to think about!

Here are my 4th, 5th, and 6th month belly shots! 2nd trimester bump!



No comments:

Post a Comment